Labels

Monday, April 29, 2013

I miss the country




 I'm sick of the city. 
I miss dancing in the rain and playing hide-and-seek outside in the dark nearly every night.
I miss mud all over my boots and jeans, dirt under my nails, leaves in my messy bun, and my cheeks flushed red from the cold. I miss running around in the woods, riding bikes, and climbing trees till my muscles ache. I miss roasting apples and marshmallows over a big bonfire and watching the orange sparks float up against the dark blue sky like fireflies. I miss being actually able to see the stars instead of them hiding behind buildings or being too dim because of the city lights. I miss being able to run and shout and dance without neighbors being able to see or hear.
I miss home

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry... You know what? We should bring you out on our pontoon boat or in our camper van and have a sleepover somewhere where we can see the stars. Can we do that, sometime? ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete